Chuyên mục : Tiếng Anh lớp 11 , Thời gian : 45 , Người đăng : eAppTeam , Lượt thi : 3
1. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
A. feature B. species C. destroy D. decrease
2. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
A. weather B. growth C. wealthy D. threaten
3. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others.
A. electricity B. geothermal C. alternative D. radiation
4. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others.
A. interference B. consequence C. devastating D. agriculture
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
Choose the correct answer.
5. Many organizations have been set up to protect endangered animals.
A. produced B. established C. delayed D. increased
6. Coal power stations ___________ sulphur dioxide into the atmosphere.
A. clean B. build C. release D. use
7. ___________ energy is the one that comes from the sun.
A. Wind B. Wave C. Nuclear D. Solar
8. More and more rare animals are _____________danger of extinction.
A. for B. on C. at D. in
9. The park _________ I used to jog in has been demolished.
A. which B. where C. in which D. in where
10. Water is one of the precious resources ____________for our life.
A. we depend on which B. which we depend
C. on which we depend D. on that we depend
11. She is the only one in the discussion ___________to using nuclear power.
A. objects B. objected C. to object D. objecting
12. The nuclear power plant _______________ last year will come to operate tomorrow.
A. completing B. to complete C. completed D. which completed
13. Anna: “__________ a happy marriage should be based on love.”
A. I really know B. As I see it C. Do you think D. Personally, I think
14. Ann: “Happy New Year!” - “________________”
A. You are the same! B. Same you are!
C. The same to you! D. Happy New Year with you!
III. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Read the text and choose the best answer.
The Central Highlands province of Gia Lai has implemented a number of measures to make the Kon Ka Kinh National Park become a biodiversity reserve hub in accordance with environmental protection and ecological tourism. Aside from investing in infrastructure and equipment serving the park’s management, provincial authorities have focused on community-based management to protect forest resources and biodiversity while raising public awareness of environmental protection among the local community, especially young generation. In the park’s buffer zones, about 450 ethnic minority households have voluntarily agreed to manage and protect over 11,000 hectares of forest.
Apart from paying fees to protect forests, the park’s management board has assisted those households with financial aid to build social welfare facilities and improve production capacity. Last year, each village in the buffer zone received 40 million VND (1,750 USD) to buy seeds and fertilizers to serve the 2015-2016 crop.
Located in the northeast of Gia Lai, the Kon Ka Kinh National Park stretches over 42,000 hectares, more than 33,565 of which are covered by natural forests that lie 1,748 metres above sea level. The park is home to over 1,000 flora and 351 fauna species; many of them are listed in the Vietnam Red Book.
With its favourable natural conditions and mild climate, the park offers ecological tours and cultural festivals to visitors, thus improving local livelihood.
15. The passage is mainly about ___________.
A. ways to promote the Kon Ka Kinh National Park
B. measures to preserve the Kon Ka Kinh National Park
C. location and areas of the Kon Ka Kinh National Park
D. special features of the Kon Ka Kinh National Park
16. It can be inferred from paragraph 1 that __________.
A. both local authorities and inhabitants try to protect the park
B. ethnic minorities like doing volunteer work
C. very little money was spent on infrastructure and equipment for the park
D. only young people should be educated to protect the park
17. The word “assisted” in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to _________.
A. spent B. built C. donated D. helped
18. Which of the following statements is true?
A. The park covers 42 hectares.
B. There are many kinds of flora and fauna species in the park.
C. All the plants and animals in the park are listed in the Red Book.
D. The local authorities do nothing to help the inhabitants.
19. The local people can improve their livelihood thanks to ___________.
A. farming B. bee keeping C. tourism D. raising animals
B. Cloze test: Choose the word that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Investment in renewable energies costs to 100 billion USD in 2006. Clean energies seem powerful enough to survive any fall in high oil prices. Renewable energies are becoming generating systems of choice. A recent report has (20) _____ that industries in rich countries are no (21) ______ dominant in renewable energies. Almost 10% of the 2006 investment was in China and India. Worries about climate (22) _____, high oil prices, efforts to break dependence on energy imports and government incentives to shift away from fossil (23) _____ have increased investment. Wind energy won most investment with 38% of the total, ahead of bio-fuels on 26% and solar (24) _____ on 16%. Renewable energies are a key to fighting global warming.
20. A. seen B. shown C. made D. noticed
21. A. sooner B. possible C. later D. longer
22. A. change B. exchange C. transmit D. transfer
23. A. coal B. gas C. oil D. fuels
24. A. beam B. light C. power D. strength
IV. ERROR IDENTIFICATION AND CORRECTION
Choose the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting in each of the following sentences.
25. He didn’t have the money which were needed for his wife’s operation.
A B C D
26. There are few areas of human experiences that have not been writing about.
A B C D
Hãy trở thành người đâu tiên làm bài để lọt vào bảng xếp hạng